Creative Translator with Finnish
Required languages:English (C1) and Finnish (native)
Schneiderová Zuzana Recruiter
Why should you choose us?
We are a team of 17 people and we just love writing about electronics! We create and publish product texts for major Nordic retailers like Elkjøp, Elgiganten or Gigantti that are part of the Dixons Carphone family. Thanks to friendly atmosphere and fresh team spirit it is really easy to fit in. Our working hours are quite flexible, as we’re required to be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day, and we are free to arrange the rest of the work shift to our needs and wishes. Occasionally, we have to stay a bit later to finalize a major product launch, but this is rather exceptional. Therefore, you can easily organize your day and combine work with your personal life. Our daily job involves several diverse tasks and can be quite exciting.
What will you do?
- You will creatively translate existing product descriptions and specifications from English to Finnish to make sure that our customers in Nordics know what type of product is right for them.
- You will create and update product descriptions for a specific product category (e.g. phones, games, movies) in Finnish language and publish products on our Nordics sites.
- You will add and update product specifications for our online stores in the Nordic as well as prepare and adjust product pictures according to our internal guidelines.
- You will fulfill your potential in new projects.
- You will publish articles and banners for our websites.
What can you learn in our team?
Thanks to working with diverse product types, you will improve your English and Finnish skills, vocabulary and marketing-oriented language. Our job also requires being in close touch with the development, advances and innovations in the technical field. You will learn some basics from online marketing as well as tips and tricks in Adobe Photoshop, but don’t worry—no graphics skills are necessary. You will also learn more about the retail process and what it takes for a product to be delivered from the supplier and purchased by the customer online.
As we also would like our employees to grow personally, we offer various technical and soft skill trainings such as:
- Presentation skills
- Excel trainings
- SEO, SEM, Content marketing
and many more, all delivered by fantastic internal and external trainers.
Or you can even become one of them.
Now you’re probably wondering what skills and knowledge we expect from you? Well…
- Native Finnish language—good formulation skills, perfect grammar
- Good level of English
- Knowledge or interest in electronics is a plus
- Marketing approach and ability to write texts that inspire customers to make a purchase
- Structured, efficient and independent
- Prior knowledge of marketing or copywriting is not required but a significant advantage
- Previous experience with customer electronics business or e-commerce (stores, online stores) is an advantage, but not a must
What we offer to make you happier?
- Modern office right in the city centre with an amazing terrace
- Soft skills training and language courses so you can activate both sides of your brain
- Opportunity to turn your career—we offer each new position or internship to you first
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system
- Bonus scheme
- You can turn off your brain and recharge in our chill out space or relax room
- Some days are full of fruits
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (team buildings, boat party, sport tournaments, summer BBQ, Halloween concert and much more)
Not the right fit?
Get in touch with us directly via BrnoHR@dixonscarphone.com to discuss what else we can offer you.