- Our E-commerce development team works on the continuous improvement and administration of the British & Irish e-shop platform.
- The IT services team provides support in the area of business intelligence, database administration and service integration.
- Our Finance department deals with processing invoices, accountancy, reporting/controlling, financial analyses and tax.
- Our Customer support agreement department resolves customer issues, provides additional services for our goods such as prolonged warranty and insurance.
- Our Logistics team communicates with our Nordic colleagues and suppliers and ensures our customers get their orders right.
- Our Content & copywriting team works creatively (and in different languages) on publishing product specifications on the websites, so customers get all information needed to decide which product to buy.
- Our BTS & robotics department invents new tools to help our colleagues with their daily routine tasks and thus strongly helps to improve our processes.
- Our HR & Operations team supports local Brno colleagues in all HR-related issues such as recruitment, HR operations, training & development, finance, internal IT and facilities.
So, what exactly we do in Brno?
And what led to Dixons Carphone as we know it today? There have been a few events forming the face of the company througout the years, let’s see...
Charles Kalms opens first Dixons photo studio in London
Dixons Retail, by now with 16 branches, was listed on the London Stock Exchange
Carphone Warehouse founded by Charles Dunstone
Acquisition of Elkjop
Expansion to Greek, Portuguese and Spanish market
Carphone Warehouse enters London Stock Exchange and has expanded to Western Europe
Carphone Warehouse Geek Squad services introduction
Brno Centre of Excellence (CoE) established
Currys PC World 2in1 stores and KnowHow launch
Merge of Dixons Retail and Carphone Warehouse
We put our
We’re proud to sell what our customers need and want to help them enjoy amazing technology.
We’re passionate about technology and how it helps our customers throughout their lives.
We always ask ‘what’s the responsible thing to do for our customer?
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We consistently deliver as part of one business.
We’re always learning, growing and developing.
We have fun and celebrate the success of all our colleagues.
We welcome diversity and are united by our common vision.
We’re aligned to the vision, clear on our goals, accountable for delivering them.
We’re super helpful, going above and beyond to do the right thing.
We continuously seek opportunities to make things clearer, simpler, faster.
We’re responsible owners and spend every pound as if it’s our own.
Wondering how the offices look like in reality? What’s happening behind the walls? Here is a sneak peek into our daily life at work.
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Dixons Carphone is a strong retail and services player in the field of electronics. Our customers can shop online as well as visit a local store. Our store chain is firmly based in England and Ireland, as well as in the Nordic countries, such as Norway or Denmark. Since 2007, our Centre of Excellence in Brno supports business in various areas such as IT, finance, logistics, robotics, customer care and content & copywriting.