Wondering how the offices look like in reality? What’s happening behind the walls? Here is a sneak peek into our daily life at work.
Financial Control Analyst
Required languages:English (C1)
Lenka Preiss Senior CoE positions
Why should you choose us?
The daily job is very diverse. While period end closure is mainly about accounting and preparation of related Balance Sheet reconciliations, rest of the month is not strictly defined as you will be exercising different aspects of financial control each time. In case any gaps in the process are identified, you will be proposing relevant changes to the business. As our Brno branch is now Centre of Excellence we want to provide advisory, guidance, best practices and support to the end markets. That is why we are looking for YOU!
What will you do?
- Responsible for providing assurance that the accounts of UK & Ireland are at all times fully reconciled and understood (through daily, weekly and periodic financial balance sheet reconciliations)
- Balance sheet reconciliation process and posting of key period end journals
- Cooperating with other teams in case of unreconciled differences on the balance sheet
- Responsibility for assessing, making recommendations to the Accounting & Control Team Leader, and delivering on process improvements
- Providing analytical review to enable assessment of risks and opportunities
- Supporting the Financial Reporting team with periodic Balance Sheet commentaries and participation in budgeting process
- Participating in various projects and initiatives that lead to improve the company processes
- Be a source of expertise to the Financial Control Manager, others in Central and Group Finance, as well as the auditors on specific balance sheet
Now you’re probably wondering what skills and knowledge we expect from you? Well…
- Strong academic record
- Part Qualified / Newly Qualified accountant (desired)
- Advanced level of English (strong verbal and written communication skills)
- Strong excel and Microsoft office skills.
- Well organised approach.
- Good personal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and diligent.
- Well organised with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to influence and negotiate/challenge status quo.
- Able to priorities workload, delivering multiple objectives to tight deadlines.
What we offer to make you happier?
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 100 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again
Not the right fit?Get in touch with us directly via BrnoHR@dixonscarphone.com to discuss what else we can offer you.
You can find out more about life at Dixons via our FB or Instagram accounts - www.facebook.com/DixonsCarphoneBrno/ or www.instagram.com/dixonscarphonebrno/