Payroll GL Accountant
Required languages:English (B2)
Preiss Lenka Recruiter
Why should you choose us?
There are several teams in our UK Finance department, majority of which take part in financial and management accounting and finance systems support—so you can expect to meet a lot of inspiring colleagues. Most of the teams also enjoy flexible working hours with starting time between 6 am - 9.30 am.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for providing assurance that the Carphone Warehouse UK (CPW) general ledger payroll accounts are fully reconciled and understood at all times (through daily, weekly and periodic financial balance sheet reconciliations)
- You will do period-end closing for CPW Payroll - posting of journals for full time/part time payroll accrual, payroll recharges, payroll accruals: salary, bonus, overpayment, advance, loan; FTE capitalisation
- You will prepare payroll and FTE capitalisation reports
- You´ll ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and compliance to internal policies
- You will be delivering on period closure process improvements
- You will provide analytical review to enable assessment of risks and opportunities
- You´ll support the financial process with P&L payroll commentary
- You will interface with CPW teams in Brno and the UK management and providing support for many stakeholders as payroll is one of the key cost elements
Now you’re probably wondering what skills and knowledge we expect from you? Well…
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Good accounting skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Advanced level of English (strong verbal and written communication skills)
- At least basic understanding of corporate and group finance requirements
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable
- MS Office knowledge – advanced Excel skills
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines and organise priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Able to sequence and prioritise workload to manage multiple tasks at once
What we offer to make you happier?
- Modern office right in the city centre with an amazing terrace
- Team buildings where we get a chance to get to know each other more (even with UK colleagues)
- Soft skills training and language courses so you can activate both sides of your brain
- Opportunity to turn your career - we offer each new position or internship to you first
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system
- Multisport card
- Bonus scheme, loyalty bonuses
- 25 vacation days, lunch vouchers, contribution to pension scheme and a gym membership
- Discounted mobile contract
- Sick days
- You can turn off your brain and recharge in our chill out space or relax room
- Some days are full of fruits
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (boat party, ice hockey tournament, runners club, summer BBQ, Halloween concert and much more
Not the right fit?
Get in touch with us directly via BrnoHR@dixonscarphone.com to discuss what else we can offer you.